Steamed cooked vegetables
and ready to use
LEGS OF RABBIT WITH CHESTNUTS
For 4 people
1 tray of chestnuts Allaire 400G
4 legs of rabbit
1 clove of chopped garlic
15cl of white wine
3ss of olive oil
1) Cook with oil the legs of rabbit over a high heat in an ovenproof saucepan. Peel the tomatoes, and plunge them one minute into boiling water, and crush them quite delicately.
2) Peel and cut the onion into thin slices. Put it in the ovenproof saucepan. Keep simmering a few minutes lowering the heat.
Give a stir from time to time.
Finally, pour the white wine into the ovenproof casserole, and do the same with the tomatoes, and the chopped clove of garlic.
Add salt and pepper.
3) Cover the ovenproof saucepan, and put it into the preheated oven at 180°C (Gas Mark 6) during 15 minutes. Then add the rinsed chestnuts and keep on cooking during 10 minutes.
4) It is possible to serve this recipe with a vegetable julienne browned in the butter during about 10 minutes on a low heat. This recipe can also be cooked in a micro-wave.
5) In that case, put the ingredients, once browned in the casserole, in a special dish suitable for micro-waves (with a lid). Cook 10 min, and then add the chestnuts and cook 5 min, at a high heat. Simmer the wine to reduce it during 10 minutes.
HAVE A NICE MEAL !!!